Friday, April 05, 2013

Craftilicious: Frozen hand savers

Okay so this last week has been AWful around here. The bebe is teething something fierce. Our saving grace has been homeopathic tablets and liquid and when she's really in a fit, the frozen yogurt. It's the best thing ever. Just freeze those kid yogurt tubes you find at the grocer, they work great to numb up the gums. I sit her down, give her a tube and she's in feeding frenzy bliss for the next ten to fifteen minutes. Enough time for me to regain a little sanity and maybe even start dinner.


So the husband had a splendid idea. Instead of wrapping the tubes in face cloths to keep her hands from freezing {which she always unwraps eventually}, why not make some sort of an insulated pouch. Brilliant! So that's what I did. I insulated them with iron-in batting, but I'm sure you could pick up some of that special lunchbag insulating material if you wanted to get all fancy. She didn't get it at first but eventually she caught on. Now I just need more than two, because both of them always seem to be in the wash...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...