Tuesday, August 23, 2011

like a beached whale

I've had my heart set on making these, and having a baby girl is the perfect excuse. So is a beach day.

Well, I packed up some felt and scissors and went to work while Marybeth's children terrorized the beach goers. {Not really, although there were the seagulls who definitely deserved it...}

Here's the end product:

IMG_9591_flowers.jpg

IMG_9596_flowers.jpg

I think I'll make a whole bunch of various flowers and hold onto them until I find headbands or outfits for coordinating with. For now they'll all reside in a felted flower purgatory. {The large gray flowers were purchased from Michaels a couple of weeks back.} And by the way, we most definitely felt the earthquake up here in Connecticut. I've never felt the earth move before, it was bizarre and cool and creepy all at once...

7 comments:

daisygirl said...

So you bought the grey roses? I really like those! And Danny felt the earthquake here in Ottawa, he was in the basement. I was up in the kitchen though and didn't feel it. That's okay, we had a 5.9 hit here last summer, and I most definitely felt THAT!

daisygirl said...

So you bought the grey roses? I really like those! And Danny felt the earthquake here in Ottawa, he was in the basement. I was up in the kitchen though and didn't feel it. That's okay, we had a 5.9 hit here last summer, and I most definitely felt THAT!

judi said...

love the cuteness!
and yes, ditto to the bizarre, cool & creepy...we felt it too.

Jennifer and Maddy said...

Welcome to the world of earthquakes...

embee said...

that lady was definitely not nice to me.

Andrea said...

those are gorgeous! I love the pink one.

Unknown said...

I am addicted to felt right now. I have a huge stash of it. Now I just need to creat with it :) Ah, story. of. my. life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...