Tuesday, December 18, 2007

merry handmade christmas to me


tote_tissue.jpg, originally uploaded by tinkerellen.

i was ancy the other night, but i couldn't focus on things that needed to get done so instead i sat down and tried to be creative. so without a pattern or an idea i made this tote bag and i love it. it's tan corduroy and some waverly home fabric i found on clearance that i adored. i knew someday it would end up as something lovely. there's also a row of four pockets inside. it's so handy and the size is perfect for me.

and in an effort to use up as much of my fabric as possible before the big move, i've been trying to make small things out of scraps, like eyepillows and tissue holders. all my previous tissue holder attempts were crap, so now that i've got it down to an art, i figured i deserved my own cute kleenex holder. love the navy and pink combination. i'll be making a batch after the holidays for the shop, along with eyepillows from the newly arrived nigella fabric. i love it!

ok, back to short posts from now on. thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

...thanks, because this post was SO long and difficult to follow... :o)

Dantastic said...

Love the tote! Isn't it nice to do something for yourself for a change?

Anonymous said...

i feel like i've been making too much stuff for myself! when i should have been studiously working on my cousin's diaper bag....hmm....

Anonymous said...

ps: when are you going to start a blog already?

Dantastic said...

You talkin' to me, Willis? I don't have time for a blog! I spend maybe 10-15 minutes on the computer, usually when Layla goes down for a nap. And when the baby comes....forget having much time on my hands!

Anonymous said...

did someone say diaper bag? weee!

Anonymous said...

yea, but don't expect it by christmas even though that was the goal. don't worry though, it'll rock. it'll just rock in january....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...