Wednesday, May 09, 2007

introducing stella!


stella.jpg, originally uploaded by tinkerellen.

i took a cue from sarah over at plucky knitter and named one of my first creations. this is stella. i think she's a stella. it's a very retro 20's feeling fabric but with simplicity and a little bit of funk.

i still have to finish her other handle since i realized far too late that i had done a horrible job on the handles and couldn't fit the stinking thing back under the machine to fix them, so i had to come up with a by-hand solution. {maybe i should invest in some stinking patterns?!}

it was a difficult bag to say the least but i love her and can't wait to break her in this weekend. um. you know what i mean.

12 comments:

Wannabe said...

Cute! Loving that Freshcut fabric!

Anonymous said...

definately going back for more. i want to make a skirt out of it and some wrislets. i was debating buying it when i was there and now i love it.

Unknown said...

you are awesome!
i can't wait to inherit my mom's nice sewing machine this summer and take sewing classes at the community tech school here.

Kelly said...

adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love Stella - her and Doris could totally be BFF!

Anonymous said...

By the way - I want one!

Anonymous said...

sarah, we should totally arrange a play date.

African Kelli said...

I think you should consider carrying this down the aisle in Nigeria. It would look beautiful filled with African violets!
ha! :)

Sizzledowski said...

my grandma's name was Stella. :( Way to make me cry. I think you should give it to me so I can feel a little better.

Anonymous said...

is anyone else screaming "STELLAAAAA!" in there head when they read this?

Anonymous said...

what movie jen?

sorry mel, just think of it as a memorial to her. yes, my bag is my memorial to your sweet sweet grandmother. i think i'll name the next one Dottie, after my sweet sweet grandmother!

Anonymous said...

i meant TV buff... seinfeld episode when elaine is screaming Stellaaa! but i think she was quotiing a movie anyway..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...