Thursday, September 30, 2004

sweet surrender

I give up. I'm exhausted. I know it's only for a couple more months, but I can't even think about all the things I HAVE to do. I mean, who's genius idea was it to allow women in the workplace. Now, we're expected to get out there, make as much money as men, and work 40 hours a week. And then there's laundry...oh sweet laundry, why must thou taunt me so? I think there are wildlife making their homes in our backyard. I haven't even looked out my kitchen window for fear of guilt. Lawnmower? We don't need no steenking lawnmower. And there's the contractors, and the installation guys. The bills...I need to sign up for online bill pay, so i'll stop having to call the 800 number collection agencies and explain that i just forgot to send in my payment...

And on top of all that, there's school. And a new season of the Apprentice. And it's campaign year, which means my husband is just a figment of my imagination. But if he Happens to be home for a day, I spend most of it alone in the office doing homework, who's stupid idea was going back to college?

I give up. I'm tired. I need sleep. I have bags under my eyes that could trip a rhino. Just 7 hours and one useless meeting to go. And then sweet surrender. My bed, my flannel PJs, my sanity. But wait, who's gonna mow the lawn?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...