Thursday, September 09, 2004

chill in the air

Well in true fall fashion, I'll post my ode to sweaters here. I haven't had time to write so I hope this previously written stuff is enough to keep some of you interested in my site...

"Too Many Sweaters"

I have 36. According to my husband. He counts everything. I have three tubes of mascara (two of which are bad and I’m just too lazy to throw away), about a million pairs of shoes (37 to be exact), 2 curling irons, 5 pair of jeans, 178 Cds, 23 frames around the house (and that’s not counting the ones I have in boxes) and 36 sweaters. And did I mention that it drives him crazy?

"Honey, what do you think of this one?"
"You have 36 sweaters at home, you don’t need another one."
"Yes, but I don’t have one like this…I need something to go with.."
"No. No. No. You have enough sweaters."

The but-we-live-in-New-England excuse only got me up to sweater number 23. I used to try to explain to him the order of sweaters, the necessary cardigans, work sweaters, warm sweaters, three quarter length sweaters…but then he stopped trying to listen. He thinks I’m crazy. Heck, I think I’m crazy. But we’ve all got our little crazies preprogrammed somewhere deep inside us. Mine just happens to be 95% silk, 5% cotton.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...