Thursday, August 26, 2004

Santa and I go way back...

I had a great day yesterday. It was like Christmas, only without the guilt, stress, hot cocoa and long lines. I had previously planned on a horrific day, my one major priority: convincing Verizon to fork over a new phone since mine hasn't worked right since the day i bought it. So already, i'm thinking, today will suck. But on the contrary! I dropped my phone off in the morning and was fairly stern about wanting a new one. They informed me I would have to pick up a new phone in the aftrenoon, since that's when the shipment was scheduled to arrive. Fine, not looking forward to the after-work customer service line, but fine. So i strut in, sit around for about 45 minutes, and end up leaving with a newer model phone, all the cool gadgets including color screen, and no customer-from-hell karma. Not too bad, overall everything went smoothly and i was pleased with Verizon once again.

Then i head off to Target to pick up a planner so my obsessive-compulsive self can stop stressing over not being able to plan my life out in September. Check it out, school supplies are on sale. So all the "cool" supplies i had been oogling are fairly cheap, and i decide to grab some junk, proud of myself for holding out those few weeks back. Also have to buy myself a pair of shoes for 3 bucks. Pink flip-flops with beading, casual dressy, can't go wrong.

Now i'm home and although the husband won't be here for dinner, i decide to make baked ziti. What the heck, throw in the whole bag. That's a lot of ziti. Looks like it's pasta for the rest of the week/weekend.

So by the end of the day, i had a brand new snazzy phone, pink shoes, a life in September, mini gel pens, dinner for three days, and a box of goodies from my best friend Daniel. And i don't have to return or fake-like any of it. It's almost better than Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...